Two Thirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My!

5 posters

Go down

Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My! Empty Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My!

Post  redblackandwhite Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Seems to be a trend these days in the all star industry. I understand CEA Sanford just opened and CEA Greenville is due to open in the spring. ACE has what, 3 or 4 locations? And now they are adding one of the premier gyms in Tennessee?

Personally I don't have a problem with this practice. Free enterprise and all. More power to you Happy and Courtney and whoever else is expanding their programs.

Here is where the dilemma exists in my own head. If one can pull kids from each location and "create" a worlds team, then theoretically an owner could have his own sort of all star team made up of kids from many different areas of the country. I guess CEA stays closer to home with gyms in Kernersville, Mt. Airy, Winston Salem, Sanford, Lake Norman, Raleigh, and Greenville coming soon. Kids can feasibly travel from one location to another to practice with a potential worlds team. Not sure if I listed all the CEA gyms. I heard Danville is no longer in existence.

ACE on the other hand, is a little more spread out. I think they have Birmingham, Atlanta, now Murfeesboro TN, and i know there is one other in Alabama, can't remember where. I wonder if the kids from ACE also are pulled from each gym to make teams for worlds.

I'm thinking there is a program in California, American or Power, that does something similar. I'm not as familiar with the west coast.

Mainly I'm wondering about creating worlds teams from different locations.

Maybe all is fair in love and cheerleading. I guess if it isn't against the rules it's fine. And even if CEA did pull from different gyms I guess it didn't win them a gold last year. Just thinking out loud I guess. Thanks for reading. Very Happy

I would love to read other opinions on this subject.

redblackandwhite

Back to top Go down

Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My! Empty Truthfully

Post  EntourageCJ Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

You are very correct, it is a trend these days. Being a West Cost cheerleader myself, the most prominent team that has a bunch of gyms and pulls from all of them, is California All Stars and their 3 gyms in Camarillo, San Marcos, and San Diego. Personally, I think it is a good idea though it could be very hard on the kids having to be shuttled all over the god knows where to get to their gyms. Like I know after last season, Celebrity bought out East Elite, and now they are one huge program. Also in the state of Washington (which is where I am from) South Elite All Stars (2008 world champs in INT. AG 5) merged with Galaxy Cheer to make a super cheer dynasty in the state. Now personally, I have no problem with these huge dynasties being put together, because a lot of very good teams have more than one gym.. including Top Gun. Now on the issue of having to travel to be on a worlds team, I am personally traveling to Nevada to be on a team that is gong to Worlds (Nevada Elite All Stars) and as troublesome as it may be, a lot of the time, if an athlete cares enough about what they do, they are willing to travel for it.

-C.J.
EntourageCJ
EntourageCJ

Back to top Go down

Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My! Empty Re: Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My!

Post  fiercecoach Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm

I think the program in CA is the All American team from Pyramids, Motions, etc.

fiercecoach

Back to top Go down

Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My! Empty Re: Takeovers, Buyouts and Mergers, Oh My!

Post  CaPheebersMom Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:35 am

There is a gym out here in TX that has a team just for NCA...I think their called Cheerzone Tigers(?)

CaPheebersMom

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeycheer Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:22 pm

redblackandwhite wrote:Seems to be a trend these days in the all star industry. I understand CEA Sanford just opened and CEA Greenville is due to open in the spring. ACE has what, 3 or 4 locations? And now they are adding one of the premier gyms in Tennessee?

Personally I don't have a problem with this practice. Free enterprise and all. More power to you Happy and Courtney and whoever else is expanding their programs.

Here is where the dilemma exists in my own head. If one can pull kids from each location and "create" a worlds team, then theoretically an owner could have his own sort of all star team made up of kids from many different areas of the country. I guess CEA stays closer to home with gyms in Kernersville, Mt. Airy, Winston Salem, Sanford, Lake Norman, Raleigh, and Greenville coming soon. Kids can feasibly travel from one location to another to practice with a potential worlds team. Not sure if I listed all the CEA gyms. I heard Danville is no longer in existence.

ACE on the other hand, is a little more spread out. I think they have Birmingham, Atlanta, now Murfeesboro TN, and i know there is one other in Alabama, can't remember where. I wonder if the kids from ACE also are pulled from each gym to make teams for worlds.

I'm thinking there is a program in California, American or Power, that does something similar. I'm not as familiar with the west coast.

Maybe all is fair in love and cheerleading. I guess if it isn't against the rules it's fine. And even if CEA did pull from different gyms I guess it didn't win them a gold last year. Just thinking out loud I guess. Thanks for reading. Very Happy

I thought that ACE was also getting the Premier Gym in Nashville...do you know if they are licensing Premier the ACE name or is ACE buying out the All Star programs from Nashville and Murfreesboro Premier gyms?

monkeycheer

Back to top Go down

Post  redblackandwhite Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:11 pm

monkeycheer wrote:
redblackandwhite wrote:Seems to be a trend these days in the all star industry. I understand CEA Sanford just opened and CEA Greenville is due to open in the spring. ACE has what, 3 or 4 locations? And now they are adding one of the premier gyms in Tennessee?

I thought that ACE was also getting the Premier Gym in Nashville...do you know if they are licensing Premier the ACE name or is ACE buying out the All Star programs from Nashville and Murfreesboro Premier gyms?

It might be Nashville. I knew it was a Tennessee gym, not Knoxville, but wasn't sure which one. And I heard the kids will be wearing the ACE uni before the end of the season. Sounds like a buyout to me.

redblackandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum